Do You Need Help and Advice with Your Creative Career?
- Exhibition space/opportunities
- Finding performance/rehearsal space
- Promoting your own work or creative events and activities
Shola Cole, Coordinator of Community Programs and Debbie Hesse, Director of Artists Services & Programs will both be available for one-on-one appointments for three Thursdays in March, at the following locations:
- Studio 756, 756 Chapel Street: Thursday, March 15th from 2:00 pm to -5:00 pm
- The Grove, 71 Orange Street: Thursday, March 22nd from 2:00 pm to -5:00 pm
- Wilson Branch, New Haven Public Library, 303 Washington Avenue: Thursday, March 29th from 2:00 pm to -5:00 pm (Parking is available behind the library off Daggett Street)
Call 203-772-2788 to schedule an appointment to guarantee time with either Shola or Debbie. Walk-ins are welcome but you may have to wait for an available slot.
Debbie Hesse has curated dozens of shows for the Arts Council. A practicing artist, she formerly served as an Adjunct Professor of Art at Norwalk Community College. She received an M.F.A. in Painting and Printmaking from the University of New Mexico.
Shola Cole engages artists and audiences in undeserved neighborhoods, advises organizations and facilitates creative opportunities. A dancer and musician, Cole has toured internationally with the Broadway sensation Stomp. She has collaborated with celebrated artists Bobby McFerrin and Clarice Assad, as well as has worked with Rennie Harris, Collective Conscious Theater and Music Haven.
Debbie and Shola will point you in the right direction, connect you with the appropriate resources and foster your own self-confidence to start engaging with the creative energy already palpable in New Haven.